Sunday, June 30, 2013

Class B

On Thursday I got my Class B Commercial Driver's License. So I'm officially a SLO RTA "coach operator" (That's fancy for bus driver). I'm proud of myself. Is it my dream job? Far from. But is it a solid job I can feel good about? Definitely. In a few months hopefully I'll have benefits like paid time off, paid holidays and health insurance. The pay isn't the greatest but considering I was looking at jobs paying as low as $10/hr this ain't bad. And from what I've heard there is a lot of opportunity for extra hours and overtime. I'm not going to be rich by any stretch but hopefully I can start paying down some of my debt obligations and live a little more "comfortably". Oh, and get my car fixed, and save to move, and pay my car insurance. Etc, etc etc.

Now is the time I really need to start focusing on my health. No more excuses. After I each sushi with Sean and Krystal of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment