Tuesday, January 20, 2015

This is IT

Last Thursday was a rough day for me. I found out the woman I (thought) I loved was about to meet another. And earlier in the day was hit with a set of stringent guidelines on what I should and shouldn't be eating to prepare for surgery.

So far I think I've handled both pretty well. I've leaned on some close friends for some good advice (and actually took some of it!) As for the girl, so many emotions have crossed my mind the last week. Ultimately I've accepted and understand what she's doing. Quite honestly, if the roles were reversed I'd probably be doing the same thing. That Sting song that goes "If you love somebody set them free" keeps going through my head. She's a wonderful person and I love her too much to wish anything but happiness towards her. If it's meant to be, we'll end up together. And if I don't there's no doubt I'll find a quality woman in the next few years. Only time will tell what will happen.

And the health stuff kind of dovetails with the female stuff. My two best friends Mike and Sean both pretty much said the same things. "This is a HUGE opportunity for you to change your life FOREVER. Imagine how great your life will be when the pounds come off. You gotta do it anyway so just kick ass and do it. You'll have plenty of chicks to choose from once you can show them who you really are."

It would have been easy for me to revert to my same old habits and go back to eating a bunch of crap. And HOPING I could bullshit my way through this surgery and come out on the other end and change. But I really need to make those changes now. I've been walking everyday and I'm probably going to re-join my gym. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been easy. Cutting my calories by more than have has been crazy (in a good way). But I'm not going to blow this. This really is the opportunity of a lifetime. My life is improving everyday. The results I'll see in the coming months and years will be AMAZING.

Gotta do it ONE DAY AT A TIME


No comments:

Post a Comment