Saturday, June 14, 2014

Colorado

I find myself longing for Colorado from time to time. I guess it's mostly the open spaces I think about. And those incredible hikes I took. The satisfaction and joy from hiking up a mountain is awesome. I can't seem to replicate that in anything else. (maybe because I haven't tried?) I have no realistic notion of moving back there or anything but I would definitely like to visit again someday. Maybe climb up those stairs at Red Rocks one last time.

Things are going pretty good right now. Other than being a little sick at the present moment. I caught a virus recently and it beat me up for a few days. I should be 100% by tomorrow hopefully. It was so bad I actually went to the doctor to get some meds.

RTA has a Operations Supervisor position opening up. There's about 6-8 drivers applying for it. I'd say right now I have about a 30% chance of getting it. My friend Donna probably is the best fit in all honesty. But I think I'd do a good job too. Of course I would have loved to have had that accounting position but that shipped sailed months ago. I should know within 1-2 weeks if I get this one. No credit check on this one!

Bariatric surgery is still a "GO" for now. Don't know the timeline yet. But I'm hoping by the end of Summer. I'm worried about a couple things. If they (someone, HMO, dr, surgeon) are going to want me to lose some weight before hand. And then if/when I do get the surgery how I'll handle the dramatic change in my eating habits. This whole process is kinda screwy in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment