Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gastric Sleeve

I haven't posted anything for a while so I thought I'd write something, even if it's short.

Things are going ok. Seems like this year is flying by. I like my job at the RTA. I wish it paid more of course but who doesn't want to be paid more, right? We might get a bump next year with the new union contract. I just hope they don't screw the new guys. Domino's is ok. For the most part I like the work. It's pretty easy stuff. And or course I like working with Shealy and most of the other guys and gals. Ralph is still a pain sometimes. I just don't understand his thinking. But he's better than James (the area manager) so I guess things could be worse.

The "holidays" are coming up. Probably won't be much of a big deal in my life. I will get PAID days off from RTA for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's so that's cool. Maybe next year I'll be in a better position financially to enjoy them a little more. At least at this point in my life I'm making plenty to pay the bills and save a little. And of course fix my car. It seems like every month I have a couple hundred in expenses going to that thing.

And the big (as in "gordo") thing going on in my life is my pursuit of bariatric surgery. It's been a slow process thus far. Last week I saw a gastroenterologist. She recommended I have a colonoscopy. So I'm doing that on the 20th. I also had to give a stool sample. One of the grossest things I've ever experienced.

It's interesting how over the years I always thought that people who got bariatric surgery were "cheating". Part of that thinking was that I was probably jealous that I didn't have that kind of money or insurance to get it done. Now that I do have decent insurance and my out of pocket expense is reasonable my whole thinking has changed. At this point in my life if I don't do something drastic I'll probably die in the next 20 years. Now I figure even if I get the surgery I'm still going to have to do a lot of work to keep the weight off. I don't want to end up like Jim T. But getting it done will be a HUGE boost in helping me achieve my health goals. I would love to get back under 300lbs and STAY there for the rest of my life. And I think getting under 250 is even realistic if I put in the work and stick to thing. Next Tuesday is going to be a big test when I have to fast for about 24 hours. I don't think I've ever done that. We'll see how it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment