Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dream

With today being the 50th anniversary of MLK's Dream speech I thought I better post something. What a great speech first of all. Last night I watched it in it's entirety. What a great orator he was. Reminds me a lot of Obama. Learned a lot about King too. His approval rating was only 30% at the time of his death. Now he is universally loved. Needless to say, if he were alive we would view things much differently.

Our country has come a long way in the past 50 years. But it still have a long way to go. I don't think we'll ever have true "equality" but we must strive for it. White people are always going to have a leg up in this country. That's just how it's going to be. Maybe in 200 years or something when we're all a little more brown will this country live up to it's creed.

No comments:

Post a Comment