Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Post Op


Yep, that's me 1 day after surgery. Still big but about 40 pounds lighter than I was a couple months ago. Surprisingly they didn't even weigh me before surgery.

Things are going well. It's been about 60 hours since surgery. I'm feeling about 85% healthy right now. The pain and the nausea has subsided dramatically. The thing that I'm so surprised about is the little amount of fluid I'm able to take in at one time. I need to be really conscious of drinking sips of water throughout the day. For someone with a normal sized stomach if you're feeling thirsty you can just take a big gulp of water. Not so with this surgery. Other than that I don't see a lot of drawbacks. Yes, I won't be able to eat large amounts of food anymore. But that's kind of what I wanted/needed anyway, right?

So, onward and upward. It's hard to believe I finally had the surgery. Now that I have I'm going to live the life I've always wanted. Healthy and happy, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment